A Christmas Carol Research Project
Over the course of the next two weeks, Mr. Burkholtz’s classes will be participating in a research project centered on A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.
The project will include the following components:
- Do-Nows (5 x 20 = 100 pts.)
- Homework (5 x 50 = 250 pts.)
- Online Research +
- Notetaking/Citing Sources (200 pts.)
- The behavior/participation in the reading of a dramatic version of A Christmas Carol (400 pts.)
- Viewing of a film version of A Christmas Carol.
- Drafting a handwritten essay. (100 pts.)
- Revising/Editing of essay. (200 pts.)
- Typing a finished version of the essay. (500 pts.)
The essay prompt is as follows:
Is the England portrayed in A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens truly representative of what life was like in Victorian England? Write an essay in which you compare and contrast the England of A Christmas Carol to that of the actual England of that era.
Your essay must be a minimum of 5 paragraphs in length and cite evidence from at least 8 sources.
- 4 sources can come from Mr. Burkholtz’s list
- 2 sources MUST be the play and from the film.
- 2 sources MUST be discovered on your own.