Today, we are going to practice using the R.A.C.E. Writing Method to answer text-based questions.
- First, read THIS STORY.
- Next, open Microsoft Word.
- Then type out answers to the following questions USING THE R.A.C.E. WRITING FORMAT. Make sure that you RESTATE THE QUESTION IN RED, ANSWER THE QUESTION IN BLUE, CITE EVIDENCE FROM THE TEXT IN ORANGE, and EXPLAIN THE EVIDENCE IN GREEN.
1. Who is the protagonist of “Pierce the Spaceman”? How do you know?
2. Who/what is the antagonist of “Pierce the Spaceman”? How do you know?
3. What type of conflict is featured in the story? How do you know?
4. What is the point of view of the story? How do you know?
5. What is the main conflict of “Pierce the Spaceman”? How do you know?
6. How is the conflict resolved at the conclusion of the story? How do you know?
4. Save your work using your first name and last initial.
5. Raise your hand so Mr. Burkholtz can save your work on his flash drive.