What is it? You will write an argument essay on a topic of your choice that you will research online.
When is it due? Rough draft is due on Monday, February 8. Final copy is due on Friday, February 12.
- 5 paragraphs
- Pro/Con Chart
- Standard argument writing format + counterclaim & rebuttal in Paragraphs 2 and 3
- Organize data from weakest to strongest
- Properly cite all data
- Use transitions
- Follow standard argument writing conventions
- One source must be from a video
- One source must be from something other than ProCon.org
- Visit http://www.procon.org
- Select a topic that interests you.
- Read about it.
- Complete the Pro/Con chart.
- Create a thesis statement on the back of the Pro/Con chart.